WIC Program from the Hyde County Health Department
What is WIC?
A Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children funded by the United States Department of Agriculture.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible, you or your child must:
- Live in North Carolina
- Have a household income equal to or less than 185% of the U.S. Poverty Income Guidelines.
(A person receiving Medicaid, Work First Families Assistance (TANF), or assistance from the NC Food and Nutrition Services automatically meets the income eligibility requirement)
Who is WIC for?
- Children up to 5 years of age
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women who have had a baby in the last year
- Women who have had a baby in the last 6 months
What does WIC provide?
- Breastfeeding support
- Nutrition education
- Nutritious foods
- Referrals for health care